Here is a step-by-step guide for changing your company articles of association in the Estonian Business Register. Changing articles is mandatory when changing a company name.
- Log in to the Estonian Business Register using your e-resident digital ID card. Smart-ID does not work there.
2. Find the company you would like to access and click on the company name.
3. Click "Start the petition for an entry regarding alteration".
4. Search for "Alter the articles of association" section and click on it.
5. Upload your new articles file as PDF. Only PDF format is accepted. It does not need to be signed. Please add the same date as the shareholder resolution that decided to change articles. Choose radio button "The articles of association of a private limited company shall not set out different types of shares and / or special rights" if your articles do not cointain any special rights for share types. Click on "Add the articles of association as a file" and move back to general view by clicking "Back to entering the data in the application".
6. Be sure to upload your signed shareholder resolution in "Add a document" section when changing company articles. Type of the document is "Resolution of a body".